Comission painting for Rauma Art Museum

 I'm delighted to share the news that I'm in Rauma Art Museum's summer group exhibition! I'm painting a big comission work, it will be hanged next to the museum's gate on the wall. I have been already once in the museum to start my work and it proceeded very well. I will soon go back there again to contintue the painting. I have a nice space to paint to work, I will paint it on 8 boards. Later the boards will be united and the entire work will be 4x4 metres.


Artist K. Tschährä
Here the happy painter in the beginning of the big painting work.


Rauma is a beautiful small city in western Finland. Rauma is known for its' handmade lace and old houses - the Old Rauma is part of UNESCO heritage. Rauma Art Museum situates in Old Rauma and the building is from 18th century. What a lovely and historical place to work and have an exhibition in!


Vanha Rauma
This beautiful place is just in front of the museum, called "Hauen guano"; Pike's Snout in Rauma dialect. The name comes from the shape of the two streets uniting on the map, looks like pike's snout.

In my first day we wen't to buy the paints. Then smoothened the corners of the boards and painted everything with the base paint. Then I painted the first layers, light blue and light yellow. The work went on very nicely so I had time also to draw and paint some figures. Next time I will paint some shell-birds there too and start the more decorative lines. I think that after the next time I will need only on short visit and the painting will be ready! It would be great to finish that already during my next visit, but I have other work and commitments in Tampere so I can stay only a while in Rauma.


I'm very happy and humble that I got this comission and my art will be shown for a first time in an art museum! Exhibition will be open 10.6.-29.10.


Rauman taidemuseon portti
My comission painting will be hanged on this wall, size 4x4 meters.


K. Tschährä maalaa
Work starts.

Tikkurila talomaali
I'm using Tikkurila's house paint for outside walls.

Comission painting
Here are the eight pieces. I have painted here the first layers of light blue and light yellow.

Work in progress
During my last visit I painted this far. Other creatures coming on my next visit.

Detail K. Tschährä
Detail, unfinished work.


Comments