The collection of The College of Psychic Studies in London

 It has been many years since I have been last time in London. It was 2006! So it was about a time to visit there again. This time there was a good reason: one of my artworks is part of a curated group exhibition, Creative Spirits, taking place in The College of Psychic Studies. I was invited for the opening event and to give a workshop. I traveled to London with my three friends for the workshop. Unfortunately I couldn't come for the opening. I followed the lovely get-together only via social media.


Sir Arthur Conan Doyle plate in London
Famous Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has been the president of the college.


The College of Psychic Studies is situated in a old, charming Victorian town house in South Kensington. I'm proud to have some of my drawings in their permanent collection. The College have wonderful history and they are doing active work for finding new talents in visionary and mediumistic art. The College is also wellknown by international art curators. This year, Georgiana Houghton's works from their collection were part of Venice Biennale.

Here info about the history from their web-page:

"The London Spiritualist Alliance was formed by the Rev. William Stainton Moses in 1884 to meet the Victorian era's rising interest in spiritualism and psychic phenomena. It acquired its current London premises, a beautiful townhouse in South Kensington, in 1925, under the presidency of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Over the years, we have hosted some of the greatest names in the history of mediumship such as Helen Duncan, Madame D'Esperance, Alfred Vout Peters, Geraldine Cummins and Etta Wriedt, to name just a few. Their portraits can be admired around the College along with other notable figures associated with its history such as the scientific pioneers Sir Oliver Lodge, Sir William Crookes and Alfred Russel Wallace.

From its long and distinguished history, the College has been fortunate to have amassed an important archive of spiritualist and psychic material. This has been formed almost entirely from donations dating back to 1848 and the very beginning of modern spiritualism. Some rare esoteric books in the library are even older and were published in the 17th and 18th centuries. The archive tells the story of the history of spiritualism and psychic study through its incredible collection of art, photographs, artefacts and ephemera."

The College of Psychic Studies in South Kensington
The College of Psychic Studies in South Kensington, London.


I had a joy to see one of my older drawings after a long while: Time Machine. It's part of the collection and it was in last year's exhibition. That I couldn't see because of Covid. I'm posing here in the workshop room. I had here my workshop that was sold out - so nice! We concentrated on finding our body's automation to create drawings and paintings with freestyle. We had the great afternoon! I'm happy that also my friends could participate, they also assisted me.

K. Tschährä holding her artwork
K. Tschährä's workshop room in The College of Psychic Studies in London.

K. Tschährä with her artwork in The College of Psychic Studies
K. Tschährä and her artwork Time Machine - part of the collection of The College of Psychic Studies.


I just loved the old staircase, cozy rooms and the warm, homy and welcoming athmosphere. The exhibition is in every floor, spreading around in rooms of different size. My drawing is in the third floor.

Creative Spirits is open untill 10th December at The College of Psychic Studies, 16 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London.

K. Tschährä, Flowers of Life in London exhibition
K. Tschährä, Flowers of Life. Collection of The College of Psychic Studies. London, UK.



Comments