New wind blowing

 This spring has been turbulent time. After Russia started its brutal war in Ukraine, I really lost all my capacity for creating new. I was (and I am) so devastated. I spent my days and weeks just reading the news. Everything I was normally doing, felt so meaningless when a disaster is happening in Ukraine and innocent people are being killed and abused.

Slowly I got my creativity back. In Finlayson area, in my home city, we organized an art event for Ukraine. We got many artists with, and many of us were also in situ. We donated our works for free: art buyers donated their money directly to four different humanitarian organizations. I was drawing live during the day, and also sold one of my works. The event collected 3000 euros for Ukraine in four hours.


K. Tschährä drawing in art bazar for Ukraine

Artist K. Tschährä drawing in art bazar for Ukraine
K. Tschährä at work.



I took part also another pro Ukraine event by singing. I have a jazz duo, Duo MaVille, with a wonderful pianist. He couldn't attend but gladly I got another pianist for this occasion. There were many bands and singers performing in the event and villa's kitchen was selling lunch and snacks. Also this event got 3000 euros, it all went to humanitarian organization to help Ukraine.


Helping gives feeling that I'm doing at least something. I made also some private donations for couple of private humanitarian operations in Ukraine. I hope many people will still continue helping. Helping Ukraine is also helping European values of freedom and independence.

Spring brought also something good personally: I got my first grant! I got it from Taike - Taiteen edistämiskeskus. It's an organization that gives yearly grants to artists in different fields. My field was varied arts. I am so honored and wildly happy for my grant! It's for two months.

Grant is not only "money for living" - it's also a notice that I have done something well - I'm officially noticed. It feels so good! Thank you Taike for believing in me. I feel new positive wind is blowing and I have again more energy for creating new, singing - and updating my art blog.


K. Tschährä artworks on the Art Bazaar for Ukraine.



Comments