Trance video artwork in K. H. Renlund Museum

My artvideo Trance (A Dream) is at the moment on show in Kokkola, K. H. Renlund Museum's Exhibition Hall. I'm delighted to have this video included in the exhibition:

Hanna Viitala & K. Tschährä
Between the Worlds

This is very special installation for me because my headpiece is on show too. I made it myself from recycled materials. Photos of early 20th century shamans' headpieces were my inspiration. The headpiece is my personal treasure, it's to simulate a shaman's trance in my artvideos. Installation in K. H. Renlund Museum became wonderful: a bit scary, dreamy, mystic, weird and mesmerizing.

Exhibition is open untill 26th May. There are my drawings, paintings and video on show and wonderful sculptures by Hanna Viitala.

Exhibition Hall
Pitkäsillankatu 28

Trance (A Dream) was shot in 2021 and it was filmed and edited by Jemina Siltala. Elias Laiho made the excellent sound and Kirsi Tuuliniemi was assisting.


Video art

Tschährä video art

Modern shaman

Eye

Shaman performance












Comments