Colors of the Earth

Maybe it's this new energy and the spring sun that gave me the urge to draw in a "wild" manner. I chose watercolor pencils with down-to-earth colors. The nature is slowly waking up after the looong Finnish winter. Suddenly we have birds singing, bright sunshine and smells of soil around us. You can feel how the nature is changing and pushing for new life.

I did some drawings with my eyes closed. I let the automatism to lead the pen freely in a good speed. I let it do the marks on the paper in a very light manner. I added the water my eyes open. When I was making these works I really felt like being together with the nature - I'm small part of this great everlasting circulation of life.


Visionary watercolor pencil art by K. Tschährä
K. Tschährä: Storm rises, just wait for my wings


K. Tschährä: Positive Confusion

Automatic art gives me powerful feeling: I'm not just me but part of cycle of life. The wisdom of the life and our mechanisms is written in our cells and DNA. Automatism brings this wisdom visible when the conscious mind is not building barriers. My art is being regarded also as "mediumistic" and "visionary" art. The most well known visionary woman artist is Hilma af Klint. She made the hidden unseen in her wonderful works.

I love this airy feeling in my watercolor pencil works. When I'm drawing, I'm together with the nature, the great cycle of life.


K. Tschährä: Whispers of the Nature

K. Tschährä: Shell


Comments