Art Orienteering

I took part for the first time as an artist to annual Art Orienteering - Taidesuunnistus in Tampere on 23th and 24th April. I don't have a separate studio, I work at home. My view from the window is the best inspiration for any kind of creations!

Visionary artist K. Tschährä working in home studio

I changed my living room into a small art gallery: I took all the extra stuff from the room and installed my newest artworks (plus some older ones) to the walls. I thought that this is a try, and if it goes well, I can do this again sometime.

There were not visitors all the time at my place (the event was from 11 am untill 5 pm both on Sat and Sun), so in the meanwhile I continued my work and I could show my drawing style to the interested people.




I also ordered postcards and posters of my works. It was a great idea, many bought these during the event. I had many interesting discussions and it was nice to introduce my art to the new audience. Also some friends and neighbors popped up to say hello.


K. Tschährä postcards

K. Tschährä works and posters.


I was surprised that I didn't feel uneasy of inviting strangers to my home. Maybe it was the fact that my living room wasn't "living room" anymore but it was different, a small, cozy art gallery. I was very happy with the event, I got enough works sold and people found out my art. I think I will attend Art Orienteering - Taidesuunnistus also next year.

My dear, sweet Sulo-cat was active welcoming the visitors, he loves attention! Many people wanted to have photo with Sulo. Oh boy he was tired after hosting the event two days... :D






Comments