Drawing flows on the wall

 

K. Tschährä at work.



K. Tschährä drawings in Finlayson Art Area group exhibition in Gallery Himmelblau
K. Tschährä's drawings in group exhibition at Finlayson area.


My works were on show in a group exhibition 4th December 2021 - January 2022. I had eleven drawings I had made on black paper. The space was excellent: own wall for my drawings and behind it, a big space for my artvideo Trance (A Dream) which was on show for the first time. Very exciting! The idea was that the visitor has a feeling s/he is in the same space with the shaman. The video was filmed in the neighboring hall, so it has also similar pillars in it.


K. Tschährä video art in Finlayson Art Area team group exhibition in Gallery Himmelblau
K. Tschährä: Trance (A Dream), video, 2021. (Still photo)



Exhibition was situated in a big hall that used to be a weaving hall for cotton textile company Finlayson & Co. The building is very old, from 1837. It was the first building in Finland designed to be a factory. The space is beautiful with the original pillars and meters and other visually interesting things. Nowadays Printmaking Studio / Gallery Himmelblau organizes exhbitions for the space and in summertime it's part of a big art event, Finlayson Art Area, produced by Himmelblau.

We had 16 artists in the group exhibition, we did everything by ourselves; building the extra walls, painting the walls and installing the artworks. The space was finalized with spot lights. I used special, black folios to cover the lights from the edges so the light was spotted on the works very sharply giving a mysterious result. Being an artists takes also talent to be a handy-person. :) Gladly I got help from the others.

I was very happy with the hanging, I think that it has a good flow. Smaller works were framed in a "tight-vitrine" frames with museum glass. (Drawings have so small details that you see them better through a museum glass that won't reflect the light.)






Three drawings I attached on the wall with magnets. I continued two biggest works by drawing on the wall. It made a nice touch that the motive continues to the space and the work is only a small glimpse to a bigger motive around us. I used the same roll-point pens; glimmering color pens, gold and pink.






K. Tschährä: Pink Mycelium and Gilded Cracks of Time, both 2021.









Comments